Transfer News: Manchester United's Departing Player to Decide Future This Weekend, Chelsea Interested in Red Devil's Winger

19/01/2025 47hotness 0likes

Transfer News: Manchester United's Departing Player to Decide Future This Weekend, Chelsea Interested in Red Devil's Winger

According to reports, Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford will not decide whether to join AC Milan until Monday. The 27-year-old is expected to be left out of the Manchester United squad for Sunday's match against Brighton as he prepares to complete a loan move in the January transfer window. Milan remains closely linked with the Englishman, with discussions about a move to San Siro continuing last week, but it is believed that Barcelona is also firmly pursuing his addition. Barcelona is considered Rashford's "dream club" for the winter window, although the Catalan team will have to sell players in the coming weeks to have a chance to complete the loan agreement for the Manchester United academy product. According to British media, Milan hopes Rashford will decide by Monday whether to join the Italian club. It is reported that Rashford has so far refused to commit to a move to San Siro as he waits to see if Barcelona will make a formal offer. Milan President Paul Scaroni is said to have "lost patience" and is prepared to withdraw from the competition unless Rashford makes it clear over the weekend that he wants to transfer to the Italian giants. Rashford's weekly salary exceeds £315,000, which complicates this month's transfer, and if the loan deal is completed, Manchester United may still have to pay half of his wages.

Two giants are vying for the Red Devil's wing

It is reported that Chelsea has expressed interest in signing Manchester United forward Alejandro Garnacho in the January transfer window, but Napoli is still considered the favorite for the Argentine international. Currently, there is widespread speculation about Garnacho's future, with Manchester United reportedly willing to let the 20-year-old leave at the right price due to financial constraints. Napoli has now confirmed the sale of Khvicha Kvaratskhelia to Paris Saint-Germain, and it is understood that Garnacho is the Italian club's top target, with funds in place and a possible deal. It is believed that Manchester United rejected a £40 million offer for the attacker over the weekend, but it is said that Antonio Conte's team is making a higher offer for Garnacho, with the player said to be open to a transfer. However, according to British media reports, Chelsea is also considering bringing in Garnacho, with the Blues looking to add the youngster as they seek to add another winger at Stamford Bridge. Reports suggest that Manchester United's stance remains unchanged, with the Red Devils not planning to sell Garnacho but having to consider any serious offers for the Argentine international. Manchester United head coach Bruno Amorim has shown his stance by including Garnacho in the starting lineup for the team's recent matches against Arsenal and Southampton. However, it is hard to imagine Manchester United letting him transfer to a domestic rival. Garnacho's contract with the Red Devils runs until June 2028, and the club will only listen to substantial offers, so Chelsea must invest significant funds to make it possible.